A Sweet Gesture 2015
Thank you for supporting An Evening of Romance celebrating the traditions of Valentine's Day at the historic Duquesne Club. The Family Life Fund's 4th annual signature event, A Sweet Gesture took place Saturday, February 14, 2015. Over $60,000 was raised to fund important new family education and support initiatives of Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic's early autism intervention programs and the Family Life Fund.
We would like to thank our EVENT SPONSORS for making a sweet gesture to families in our region...
“Love Me Tender” Sponsor:
“Charm Me” Sponsors:
- cocktail hour with live jazz by Kenny Blake, passed hors d'oeuvres and cash bar
- three course dinner with wine pairings featuring: winter salad, a combination plate of filet mignon and salmon (or vegetarian wild mushroom risotto by request), and dessert trio
- after dinner music by the Rick Purcell Band and coffee, tea, macaroons and chocolate covered strawberries
- silent and live auction items
- cash bar throughout the evening
Born from a desire to spend Valentine's evening celebrating love by being with our loved ones, supporting our community, and opening our hearts to the families of children enduring stays at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, the first"A Sweet Gesture" was on Valentine's night 2011 at the LeMont. The name originates from our long-time sponsor and friends at Edward Marc Chocolatier and their "One Sweet Gesture" charitable giving program. They kindly let us borrow the name because we asked all of our guests to make a sweet gesture for the families at Children's by supporting the event. For the past 3 years Edward Marc has sweetened the night by donating a truly extravagant chocolate dessert bar.
In 2012 and 2013, Pittsburgh's very own Inventionland made a sweet gesture to Family Life and opened the doors to the most creative place on earth for us to host our event for over 400 guests. From a Chocolate Factory of Invention to A Night in Venice, Inventionland transformed our event.